Dear Racer,

This is a very hard message to write. Despite our best efforts to postpone and preserve as much of Race Cascadia’s 2020 season as possible, it has become evident that the odds of racing are not in our favor this year. As the season continues to be pushed out indefinitely, we have not been able to secure the dates, permits and commitments we need to proceed as if we’ll be racing. Though we haven't given up all hope (if we get a green light to host events later this year, we'll be jumping through hoops to make it happen!) it feels disingenuous to string racers along, and after much discussion and consideration we have made the extremely difficult decision to cancel the events as planned so we can move forward with refunding our racers. 


As we prepare to issue refunds, our greatest challenge is that 30% of registration funds have been spent on upfront costs. We are simply unable to refund everyone 100% and survive into the next season. We are asking racers to accept a 70% refund to help us cover these costs. This is a tough ask knowing that others are struggling financially too. If you are in need of a full 100% refund,  please email Camille and let her know. We will start issuing refunds on Monday, May 18th so please let us know before this date. 


On the other side of this equation, if you’re in a position to make a donation, please email Camille and let her know what portion of your refund you wish to donate. This supports racers in our community, as well as our efforts to keep Race Cascadia afloat. If you are not a registered racer but would like to help support us, we have a donation link up on our website. 


Thank you, every contribution amount helps. We are extremely grateful for the support of our community and trust that we’ll get through this together. Please let us know if you have any questions – we will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner.  


Trey & Camille Wilson


Keep an eye on our social media sites for further updates and announcements: Facebook / Instagram