Cascadia Dirt Cup and Clif have partnered together to offer an exciting new Youth Rider to Racer Program for the 2019 season. For each round of the Cascadia Dirt Cup, we are offering a free entry for a youth new to racing and the Cascadia Dirt Cup to join us for the event. One lucky recipient for each round of the Cascadia Dirt Cup will receive a generous Clif gift package with nutrition and gear to power them through the race. It is through Clif's energy and clear vision of fueling and ultimately empowering youth mountain bike racing that this program was born. We are thankful for Clif's strong partnership, and making youth a priority in our community.
1) Youth age 17 and under who have never raced in the Cascadia Dirt Cup are eligible to apply;
2) One youth will be selected for each round of the Cascadia Dirt Cup
3) Youth may apply up to 5x total, once for each round of the Cascadia Dirt Cup, to maximize their chances for selection;
4) If your youth has already registered for the Cascadia Dirt Cup and is selected for the Rider to Racer program, previously paid registration fees will be refunded
5) If your youth is not registered, applies, and is accepted, then they will receive a spot to race even in sold out events; a youth spot has been reserved for each round specifically for this program
6) Participants 13 & under are only eligible to race in the Enduro Lite Youth category. This is a condensed 2-3 stage course and requires the rider to be able to complete a comparable ride of approximately ten miles in length and up to 2,000 feet of elevation gain; parents are highly encouraged to ride on course with their Enduro Lite youth racer during the event;
7) Youth age 14-17 may be eligible to race the full enduro in the Junior Sport 17 & Under category dependent on riding skill and experience. If the full enduro is not an appropriate fit, participant will be placed in the Enduro Lite. The Race Director will make the final determination for appropriate placement.
8) Got Questions? Please send us an email, we're happy to help!